In the hands of an experienced injector (like us!), dermal filler treatments in Denver are a powerful method for regaining a youthful complexion, minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, or adding a bit of oomph to your natural beauty. They work by restoring fullness and hydration to the areas treated. They’re actually made of hyaluronic acid which is naturally found in our skin. So let’s keep it looking that way – natural.
What is the treatment like?
For Dermal fillers treatments Denver, we will generally numb the area to be treated. This leaves for a surprisingly easy treatment to tolerate. Another plus, most fillers actually contain lidocaine which is a great numbing agent.
How many dermal filler treatments do I need?
Great question. This completely depends on what the goal is and what ‘canvas’ we’re starting out with. Most of the time, we do the treatment in 1 session. But, for example, if we’re starting out with very thin lips, we may divide the dermal filler treatment into at least 2 sessions giving the lips time to slowly build which leads to a MUCH more natural look. Patience, grasshopper.
What to expect after dermal fillers treatment.
Common side effects are slight redness at the injection site, bruising, and swelling. Some areas hardly swell at all (cheeks), while some may swell a bit more (lips). Luckily with dermal fillers, the results are instant, for the most part.
What is the aftercare for Juvederm or Restylane?
After your treatment, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- DON’T TOUCH the treated area for 6 hours! We don’t want any infections.
- No applying any product (like makeup or lip product) the rest of the day of treatment. Again – infection risk!
- You can use a clean ice pack wrapped in gauze after your treatment – keep the ice pack wrapped (you’ll be numb so won’t feel how cold it is) and apply for up to 15 minutes every hour the day of the treatment. This will help minimize bruising and swelling.
- No exercise or intense heat for the rest of the day of your treatment.
- Don’t plan on doing invasive dental work for 2 weeks post filler unless absolutely necessary.
- Don’t have any laser or invasive treatments to the area where the filler was placed for 4 weeks.
- Do not use any lip suction/plumper device if there is any dermal filler in the lips!
- It’s normal to start feeling tender in the areas treated shortly after. This can last for a few days but should keep improving. Tylenol is the best thing to take for this (Advil or other NSAIDS can increase your risk of bruising even after treatment, but are completely safe to take if you prefer!)
- If the lips were treated, it’s normal to have quite a bit of swelling. This is usually most noticeable the night of and the day after your treatment. Ice packs and sleeping at a 20-30 degree angle will help improve swelling.
Who can NOT have this treatment?
Anyone pregnant, anyone who’s had dental work done in the past two weeks (like tooth removal or implants), or anyone who currently has any type of infection or illness.